How It Works
A potential customer in Latin America wants to purchase something on an international website (e.g. USA).
1. The customer in Latin America enters your ecommerce website.
2. The customer decides to make a purchase.
3.The client does not have an international credit card, so the customer decides to pay using PayU Latam. The customer selects their home country.
4. Various Payment options are displayed according to country of origin.
5. Customer decides to pay in cash using a local payment. For example, paying in cash at a local store or at a bank branch. Once this payment method is selected, the customer is given a code.
6. The transaction remains on hold until the payment is made. This must be affected within a time limit.
7. The customer leaves his computer to go and make the payment in cash at his local store or bank branch.
8. At the store, the customer makes the payment. Pagosonline.net S.A will be listed in the customer's credit card statementt.
9. The local store informs PayU that the payment has been made.
10. PayU informs you that the transaction is finalized, and that you can start the delivery process of the product or service.
11. The funds from the transaction are deposited into your PayU account.
12. When you wish to withdraw the balance of your PayU account, you simply request an international wire transfer through our system.
13. The funds are transferred from the country of purchase, to the country where you have your bank account.
• No matter where your business is set up
• No need to set up a company or bank account in the foreign country
• Receive payments from up to 7 different countries in Latin America
• Account activation is fast: It only takes 1 week to open an account
• Access potential customers you could not otherwise have reached
• Increase your sales potential